How to Prevent the Progression of Polycystic Kidney Disease2014-01-19 01:42
How to prevent the progression of polycystic kidney disease (PKD)? This maybe a common question for all the PKD patients, as PKD is an energetic kidney disease which will be accompanied by a lifetime. So what PKD patients can do in their daily life is to prevent the risk factors which can cause further damage to kidneys.
Here are some common factors that can cause further damage for PKD patients.
For PKD patients, the kidney cysts will cause kidney damage, which will lower their immunity, so they will easily get a cold. Cold, especially a cold repeatedly, will make PKD patients weaker, and the cold will cause further damage to kidneys.
Diet is a main factor which will affect the illness condition of PKD patients. A well-planed diet is very important for PKD patients, because keeping a kidney-friendly diet will help reduce the kidney burden and help slow down the progression of kidney failure. PKD patients should limit their salt intake, and eat less high potassium and high phosphorus foods. They should also keep a low protein, low-fat diet, and eat more foods which contain high vitamin and fibers. All these diet will be helpful to prevent the progression of PKD.
With the enlargement of kidney cysts, the capsule inner pressure in cysts will be increased, which will cause the enlargement of the kidneys. When people get some injuries, such as sprain, bruise, and injury from fall, all these injuries may damage the enlarged kidney cysts, which will cause cysts rupture or bleeding, and the cysts will easily cause infections.
4. High blood pressure
High blood pressure is a common symptom for PKD patients, and high blood pressure is also the main cause of kidney disease. So for PKD patients, they should firmly control their high blood pressure. High blood pressure can also cause damage to heart and cerebrovascular, and PKD patients often have the complication of stroke caused by brain aneurysm rupture hemorrhage. Therefore, PKD patients should have effective treatment to control their high blood pressure.
Above are the common risk factors which can increase the progression of PKD, so PKD patients should pay attention to these factors, and have effective treatment to prevent the kidney damage, which will make a good prognosis for PKD patients.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: PKD Treatment
- Pre: Suggestions for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients with Creatinine 6.7
- Next: How to Treat Headache for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Do Remedies Exist for One with PKD to Avoid Transplant
- Creatinine 6.5 with Hypertension: How to Enhance Renal Function for One with Polycystic Nephropathy
- Are There Any Effective Methods for Polycystic Nephropathy Patients with Protein Urine
- Creatinine 7.8 with Bigger Kidney: How to Reduce to a normal level for One With Polycystic Nephropathy
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis