What does Creatinine 3.4 and Potassium 6.2 Means in Stage 3 Kidney Disease2014-12-16 09:13
What does creatinine 3.4 and potassium 6.2 means ? Next, i will give you an real story between patient and doctor to show you the meaning of creatinine 3.4 and potassium 6.2.
I was diagnosed with high BP 150/100 for past 9 months.
Yes now urination during night is frequent- some times 2 times may be 3 also.
I do have severe headaches during nights but no vomiting.
My GFR as on date is 20.
Creatatnine is 3.4
Potassium is 6.2
Doctor have advised me low potassium diet with strict medication.
Can i have your expert opinion on the said symptoms please ?
How are you ?
From your description, your kidney condition is very serious, and now you are in stage 3 kidney disease.
Firstly, your potassium level is 6.2. Potassium is important to maintain myocardial function. If potassium keeps higher than normal, it can be very dangerous for you. It can cause irregular heartbeat and even heart attack. Does your potassium level reduce to normal range after you take medicines ?
Secondly, your GFR drops to 20 and creatinine increases to 3.4. Glomeruli are the functional units in kidneys and each kidney is composed of one million glomeruli. In normal condition, these glomeruli can filter blood normally. GFR measures how much filtered fluid is formed after the blood is filtered by kidneys. As your condition progresses, more and more glomeruli will become impaired and fail to filter blood normally. As a result, high level of creatinine will build up in your blood. Therefore, to lower creatinine level, the main point is to restore those impaired glomeruli.
Thirdly, you said that you have headache. The main cause is your uncontrolled high blood pressure. Meanwhile, another cause of high levels of toxins and waste products in your blood.
In consideration of your condition, if your potassium level keeps so high and GFR declines further, I am afraid you have to start dialysis soon if no effective treatment is applied in time.
From the above we know that for people with creatinine 3.4 and potassium 6.2 is in stage 3 kidney disease and you need take treatment right now. If you have other question, please contact our online doctor directly, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: High creatinine level Chronic Kidney Disease CKD Diagnosis
- Pre: Is It Possible for a Female to Have Alport Syndrome and Develop after the Age of 60
- Next: High Creatinine Level up to 1.9 without Other Symptoms should People Worry about It
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis