How Can I Know the Kidney is Shutting Down2016-12-08 16:28
The kidneys have functions of filtering wastes and toxins in blood, maintaining adequate fluid levels in body and some other functions. Once the kidneys shut down, patients will suffer from many symptoms.
Then, how can people know their kidneys is shutting down?
1. Decrease in urine output
This is one of the most common symptoms for people with kidneys shutdown, because the kidney filtration rate is decreased, so the urine output will also be decreased. Besides, people will also suffer from a frequent urination at night.
2. Fluid retention
As the shutdown of kidneys, the kidneys cannot function in a normal level, so the excess cannot be discharged from urine timely. In this condition, people will suffer from fluid retention in their bodies, which is also called swelling or edema.
3. Drowsiness and fatigue
This symptoms can be caused by the wastes and toxins building up in blood when the kidneys shutdown, besides, the kidney damage will prevent the produce of res blood cells caused anemia, which will also cause drowsiness and fatigue.
4. Confusion, seizure or coma
For people with severe kidney damage, they may experience the symptoms of confusion, seizure or coma, which is caused by the building up of toxins in blood. And the toxins can affect the function of brain and other organs.
5. Chest pain
Chest pain is mainly cause by the retention of fluid in body, which cause the increasing pressure on heart and the sac that surrounds heart.
If you have other questions about kidney problem or want to prevent kidney from shutting down, you can send email to us or leave message below, we will try our best to help you.
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis