I Have Pain at My Lower Back Is It A Sign of Kidney Problem2014-11-03 12:30
Many factors can induce back pain, kidney disease also can cause it. Then if people have pain at their lower pain is it a sigh of kidney problem ?
Kidney back pain is usually felt where the kidneys are located, which is just above the arches of your pelvis on either side of the lower back. It can also be felt in the front of the groin and hip area as shown in this diagram below .This can be confusing as normal non-specific low back pain can also cause pain in the same areas. But there are usually clear differences between normal back pain and kidney pain.
The most common kidney problems include infection and stones
Symptoms of an infection include:
Lower back pain, either one or both sides which may radiate into the groin.
Feeling unwell, possibly sick and maybe vomiting.
Fevers and high temperatures
Urine may be cloudy and may smell different to usual
There may be blood in the urine
You may need to go to the toilet more often than usual.
Kidney stones may be painless if they are small, if they are larger they can get wedged in the renal pelvis or ureter as the body tries to pass them, this may cause extreme pain. In addition stones can cause an infection leading to the same symptoms shown above.
Symptoms of normal lower back pain
The pain is often more localised
It may occur suddenly
It may be improved or worsened by certain movements and positions
It does not cause a fever or generalised illness
If you want to know whether your lower back pain is a sign of kidney problem or not, you can consult our online doctor directly or leave messages to us, we will supply free advices for you.
- Tag: Kidney Disease CKD Symptoms Kidney problem back pain
- Pre: Parapelvic Cyst Can Cause Foams in Urine
- Next: Kidney Shrink the Common Reasons and Treatment of It
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis