5 Stages and Creatinine Level of Chronic Kidney Disease2015-04-03 16:12
What is the stages and creatinine level of Chronic Kidney Disease ? In clinic, according to the GFR level, Chronic Kidney Disease can be divided into five stages, every stage have corresponding creatinine level. In the following, i will give you some details about it.
Chronic Kidney Disease is a kidney disorder with a long development process. It is divided into 5 stages according to GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate) which can help to reflect how far the kidney problem has progressed.
5 Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease
CKD stage 1: In CKD stage 1, GFR is no lower than 90 mL/min/1.73m2 and kidney function is normal, but there is other evidence of kidney disease.
CKD stage 2: CKD stage 2 is characterized by GFR 60-89 mL/min/1.73m2 and mildly reduce kidney function. In many cases of stage 2 CKD, there is no obvious symptoms or only elevated blood pressure.
CKD stage 3: In CKD stage 3, GFR is 30-59 mL/min/1.73m2. Various physical discomforts begin to appear in this stage.
CKD stage 4: There is severe reduction in GFR (15-29 mL/min/1.73m2) when Chronic Kidney Disease progresses to stage 4. In this stage, patients are usually suggested to prepare for dialysis or kidney transplant.
The corresponding creatinine level of five stages
Stage 1 the creatinine level is lower than 1.5 mg/dl
Stage 2 the creatinine level is higher than 1.5 mg/dl and lower than 2.0 mg/dl
Stage 3 the creatinine level is higher than 2.0ml/dl and lower than 5.0mg/dl
Stage 4 the creatinine level is higher than 5.0ml/dl and lower than 8.0 mg/dl
Stage 5 the creatinine level is higher than 8.0 mg/dl
If you want to know which stage are you in now, you can make a rough diagnosis according to those base. Need any help, just contact our online doctor, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: Chronic Kidney Disease CKD Diagnosis 5 Stages and Creatinine Level of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Pre: High Creatinine Level up to 1.9 without Other Symptoms should People Worry about It
- Next: How Can I Know What Stage of Chronic Kidney Disease I am In
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis