How Can I Know What Stage of Chronic Kidney Disease I am In2015-04-27 16:43
How can i know what stage of Chronic Kidney Disease i am in ? CKD is initially without specific symptoms and is generally only detected as an increase in serum creatinine or protein in the urine, so according to the creatinine level, we can know which stage are you in.
Chronic kidney disease, also known as chronic renal disease (CRD), is identified by a blood test for creatinine. Higher levels of creatinine indicate a lower glomerular filtration rate and as a result a decreased capability of the kidneys to excrete waste products. Creatinine levels may be normal in the early stages of CKD, and the condition is discovered if urinalysis (testing of a urine sample) shows that the kidney is allowing the loss of protein or red blood cells into the urine. To fully investigate the underlying cause of kidney damage, various forms of medical imaging, blood tests and often renalbiopsy (removing a small sample of kidney tissue) are employed to find out if there is a reversible cause for the kidney malfunction.
How can i know whether i am suffering from kidney disease or not ?
Chronic kidney disease is a progressive loss in renal function over a period of months or years. The symptoms of worsening kidney function are non-specific, and might include feeling generally unwell and experiencing a reduced appetite. Often, chronic kidney disease is diagnosed as a result of screening of people known to be at risk of kidney problems, such as those with high blood pressure or diabetes and those with a blood relative with chronic kidney disease. Chronic kidney disease may also be identified when it leads to one of its recognized complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anemia orpericarditis.
If you have other questions or need any help in treating kidney disease, you can leave message to us, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: Chronic Kidney Disease CKD Diagnosis Stage of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Pre: 5 Stages and Creatinine Level of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Next: Kidney Function of 53% in Kidney Disease What Can It Tells Us
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis